Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST) Training
Time: 9.30 am - 12.30 pm
Venue: Neuadd Brycheiniog, Brecon
An Assessment tool to assist those working with young people to distinguish between use and misuse; and accurately assess the risk factors.
- To introduce the Powys Young Persons Substance Misuse Service (YPSMS) to Staff
- Introduce the Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST)
- Give training on using the tool; when and how
- Understand and recognise substance use, risk and protective factors
- Making a referral to YPSMS
- Support available to you
Participants will be able to:
- Recognise substance use risk and protective factors
- Use the DUST tool to help them decide how to approach the young persons substance use.
- Recognise tools they can use to support a young person.
- Make a referral to the YPSMS.
- Identify other avenues of support.
For further information please phone 01597 827333 or email here
An expression of interest form for the training course can be found here
The Elan Links project is currently running in the Elan Valley, near Rhayader, Powys and creates opportunities for people to access bespoke well-being woodland activities, woodland skills training courses, week-long intensive training in sector specific activities, mentoring, work placemen