Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST) Training
Time: 9.30 am - 12.30 pm
Venue: Neuadd Brycheiniog, Brecon
An Assessment tool to assist those working with young people to distinguish between use and misuse; and accurately assess the risk factors.
- To introduce the Powys Young Persons Substance Misuse Service (YPSMS) to Staff
- Introduce the Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST)
- Give training on using the tool; when and how
- Understand and recognise substance use, risk and protective factors
- Making a referral to YPSMS
- Support available to you
Participants will be able to:
- Recognise substance use risk and protective factors
- Use the DUST tool to help them decide how to approach the young persons substance use.
- Recognise tools they can use to support a young person.
- Make a referral to the YPSMS.
- Identify other avenues of support.
For further information please phone 01597 827333 or email here
An expression of interest form for the training course can be found here
Call for applications from mental health service users and carers:Involvement in a Lived Experience Working Group f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
The Welsh Government is aware that Brexit is causing some anxiety amongst many migrant communities in Wales. Officials from the Equality Team are drawing up as comprehensive a list as possible of migrant support groups / associations / clubs, so they can better reassure residents about their status,