Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST) Training
Time: 9.30 am - 12.30 pm
Venue: Neuadd Brycheiniog, Brecon
An Assessment tool to assist those working with young people to distinguish between use and misuse; and accurately assess the risk factors.
- To introduce the Powys Young Persons Substance Misuse Service (YPSMS) to Staff
- Introduce the Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST)
- Give training on using the tool; when and how
- Understand and recognise substance use, risk and protective factors
- Making a referral to YPSMS
- Support available to you
Participants will be able to:
- Recognise substance use risk and protective factors
- Use the DUST tool to help them decide how to approach the young persons substance use.
- Recognise tools they can use to support a young person.
- Make a referral to the YPSMS.
- Identify other avenues of support.
For further information please phone 01597 827333 or email here
An expression of interest form for the training course can be found here
Family Well-being Worker Hours: 16 hrs per week Salary: £18,870 pro rata Location: Brecon and district area, based in Brecon Contact : Zoe Porter/Clare Searle on 01874 611529 or email email@example.com Community Well-being Worker Hours: 10 hrs per week Salar