SURE for Mental Health Training (2 days)
8th & 9th February, 2018
This is a 2 day Big Lottery funded course. Places are offered free of charge. This training has been developed to enable people who do not have access to Mental Health training, due to monetary restrictions, to get Mental Awareness training that we believe everyone should have. The course has been developed by New Pathways, and ratified by Mental Health professionals.
The Learning Outcomes of the course are as follows -
By the end of the training the learner will be able to:
- Describe good Mental Health
- Recognise common Mental Health issues (such as Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia)
- Use skills to support people with Mental Health issues
- Describe some self-help techniques for Mental Health issues and know how to refer to additional support
- Will have an understanding of the skills needed to respond to someone who is suicidal and potentially preserve life
This training runs from 9.30 am-4.30 pm both days, and attendance at both days is required.
This training is open to, and suitable for, anyone, from front line service staff, to people who want to help their family and friends; and is particularly useful for those with no previous Mental Health training.
New Pathways 11 Church Street Merthyr Tydfil CF47 OBW Telephone: 01685 379310 Email: training(at)newpathways.org.uk
This course is free and open to everyone; so if you would like to book on, or know anyone who would be interested, we are now taking bookings over Eventbrite -
Call for applications from mental health service users and carers:Involvement in a Lived Experience Working Group f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
The Welsh Government is aware that Brexit is causing some anxiety amongst many migrant communities in Wales. Officials from the Equality Team are drawing up as comprehensive a list as possible of migrant support groups / associations / clubs, so they can better reassure residents about their status,