Alcohol Brief Intervention Training
Time: 1.30 pm am - 3.30 pm
Venue: Committee Room A, The Gwalia, Llandrindod Wells LD1 6AA
A short, evidence-based, structured conversation about alcohol consumption with a client to motivate and support the individual to think about and/or plan a change in their drinking behaviour in order to reduce their consumption.
- Understand the problem of alcohol in Wales
- Identify hazardous and harmful drinkers
- Offer evidence based support to drinkers
- Influence behaviour change
- Be more confident in tackling this difficult topic
- Make a positive impact upon health in Wales
Key Learning Outcomes
Significantly reduce the alcohol drinking levels of people who have been identified as drinking hazardous and harmful amounts
Provide a valuable framework to facilitate referral of cases of alcohol dependence to specialised services
For further information please telephone 01597 827333
What do you think of mental health services in Powys? Complete a short survey to feed in your views to the reps sitting on the Powys Mental Health Planning & Development Partnership.