Compassionate Mental Health Conference (2 days)
Time: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Venue: Fforest Farm, Cilgerran, Pembrokeshire, SA43 2TB
Compassionate Mental Health – Finding Meaning through Connection is our third gathering designed to inform, inspire and empower people living and working with mental distress.
Our aim is to bring together people and families with personal experience of mental health issues, frontline staff, commissioners, managers, clinicians, GPs, policymakers and Third Sector staff, to discuss what works for people recovering from a mental health crisis. We’ll discuss a range of approaches that move beyond a medical model, with a special focus on Open Dialogue, mindfulness and therapeutic communities.
Together we’ll explore emerging themes in mental health, including:
- Compassion, mindfulness and Open Dialogue
- How to exercise our inner strength to resource ourselves and others
- Finding meaning in mental distress and psychosis
- Breakdown as opportunity for breakthrough and growth
- Enabling the shift towards a more democratic approach, that focuses on the whole person and building resilience
- Building equity and understanding between people delivering and designing mental health services, and those with personal experience
- Learning how we form authentic relationships, learn to listen deeply, and feel safe to share our difficulties
- Creating safe healing spaces in our services and communities, for people to talk about suicidal thoughts
Compassion – towards self and others – is a skill that can be learned. Our experienced teachers will guide you in some basic practices, and share their personal stories of mental distress and recovery.
Walk away with:
- Inspiration about the possibility of recovery from listening to other people’s stories
- New ways to resource ourselves & others by building resilience and self compassion
- Confidence to transform difficult emotions and calm our inner critic
- Lessons in listening deeply and developing presence
- Understanding the value of finding meaning and purpose in mental health crisis
- Why compassion, trust and connection is so important for service improvement
Why should you attend?
We’ll be exchanging ideas, lessons learned and best practices with thought leaders and experts by experience. All involved are already influencing change in their field. There will be pauses during the day for reflection and feedback, and your participation is valued.
We're recruiting for a focus group on digital therapy. Can you help? £25 for those taking part. Apply here now>… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…