Dementia Care Pathway for Powys Conversation and Action Event
This event encourages professionals to support people living with dementia and their family/friends/carers to attend
An opportunity to bring Health & Social Care (inc. GPs, Memory Clinics, Social Workers, Hospitals), third sector, people living with a diagnosis of dementia and family members together to have a conversation and consider a county-wide dementia pathway and plan for Powys:
- A Dementia Care Pathway – creating a pathway for Powys based on hearing the voices of all people involved in receiving or providing services
- Three DEEP groups for Powys - Making conversations real – on an ongoing basis.
Why? - there is an expectation in The Social Services and Well-Being Act and in reinforced in the forthcoming National Dementia Strategy for Wales that ‘You will have more of a say in your care and make decisions in an equal partnership with professionals. Not only about your care and support – but in your contribution to shaping the care and support for others.’
But – what are the barriers? What makes this so much of a challenge we haven’t done it yet?
How - can we make this happen - let’s find solutions
What - do we need to do? Making a commitment to make change happen
- Action Plan - what next
When & Where:
All events between 1pm & 4pm (People living with dementia and family members from 12pm when lunch will be provided)
- Newtown - Function Room, Elephant & Castle Hotel, Broad Street SY16 2BQ
Tuesday 10th October
- Llandrindod Wells - Media Resource Centre, Oxford Road LD1 6AH
Wednesday 11th October
- Brecon (Venue to be confirmed) Thursday 12th October
A fourth countywide meeting to be agreed with nominated representatives from each area meeting as above.
Please book your free place at: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dementia-care-pathways-forpowys or contact Rachel Niblock for further details: 01497 842649