Rethinking Respite - Living with/caring for someone with Dementia
Time: 11:30am – 2:30pm
(Light lunch provided)
Venue: Media Resource Centre, Oxford Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6AH
Who is the event for?
- People living with dementia
- People caring for someone living with dementia
- To share your experiences of respite / short break provision
- To identify good practice and what it is that can promote more positive experiences for people living with dementia and for carers
The event is supported by My Home Life Cymru and Swansea University. The results of this work will form a report and a call to action, which will be published in Spring 2018.
Programme for the day
11.30 am - Welcome and lunch
12.30 pm - Introduction to the event
12.40 pm - Guided discussion
- what is respite?
- what does respite look like for you?
2.15 pm - What happens next?
- how the information shared will be used
2.30 pm - Close
Please let us know if you are attending so that we can make sure we can cater for people’s needs: book online -
http://www.olderpeoplewales.com/en/reviews/respite.aspxor contact us on 03442 640670 / post(at)olderpeoplewales.com
Family Well-being Worker Hours: 16 hrs per week Salary: £18,870 pro rata Location: Brecon and district area, based in Brecon Contact : Zoe Porter/Clare Searle on 01874 611529 or email email@example.com Community Well-being Worker Hours: 10 hrs per week Salar