THRIVE Approach to Mental Wellbeing Course (6 weeks)
Time: 11.00 am - 2.00 pm
Where: Ponthafren's Wellness & Recovery Learning Centre, Longbridge Street, Newtown
This course will run for 6 weeks
Each of the six stages of the THRIVE approach deal with particular milestones or achievements that build upon each other to further the journey of recovery.
The stages are not necessarily sequential, but all of the stages are equally important stepping stones, ultimately leading to a place of mental balance where you are able to THRIVE, grow as a person and enjoy your life in a healthy way.
The THRIVE milestones:
- Time - identifying, exploring and understanding the experiences in safe and timely ways
- Healing - recognising loss and understanding the grieving process
- Resilience - identifying and taking control of emotions, correcting negative or unhelpful thinking patterns. Developing skills and recognising your strengths
- Interdependence - reaching out to people and expanding the circles of support
- Vivacity - embracing life with enthusiasm, finding joy in simple things
- Emancipation - separating identity from diagnosis. Living in the world with joy. Having a voice, connection and purpose.
For further information please contact 01686 621586 or book your place by email
A poster for the course can be found here
Check out ""Suicide First-Aid 2018: the evidence lives on" in Cardiff on 5 Feb 2018. Special guests Jonny Benjamin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Watch our video: representatives from the farming community talk to the Big Cheeses from Powys Teaching Health Board about mental health services in the county.