Mental Health First Aid is a 2 day educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help young people who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
When: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Where: Newtown Integrated Family Centre, Park Street, Newtown.
By attending this Mental Health First Aid course, you will learn to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues
To book your place please contact the Training Unit at Powys County Council: email pwbotu(at)powys.gov.uk or telephone 01597 827333.