Dyfi Valley Health, the provider of GP Primary Care Services for around 7,000 people in north west Powys and surrounding areas, is facing a number of challenges in maintaining local services in their current form. They have submitted a formal application to Powys Teaching Health Board to merge their services onto their Forge Road premises in Machynlleth and close their premises at Cemmaes Road by June 2019.
In order to help us consider the application from the practice and make decisions on the future of local services, we are undertaking a consultation with patients of Dyfi Valley Health and the wider communities around Cemmaes Road and Machynlleth.
Consultation is taking place from 11 February to 28 March 2019.
We are now able to confirm a programme of public meetings and drop in sessions where patients and local residents can talk to the health board and other members of the community about this consultation:
- Drop In Event: Red Lion, Dinas Mawddwy, Wednesday 6 March, 1430-1900
- Drop In Event: Llanbrynmair Community Centre, Friday 8 March, 1430-1900
- Drop In Event: Y Plas Machynlleth, Monday 18 March, 1200-1600
- Public Meeting: Y Plas Machynlleth, Monday 18 March, 1830-2000
- Drop In Event: Glantwymyn Community Centre, Wednesday 20 March, 1200-1600
- Public Meeting: Glantwymyn Community Centre, Wednesday 20 March, 1830-2000
Digital copies of our posters are attached and we would be grateful for your help in publicising these events in your communities. An easy read version of the consultation document is also attached.
Information about these events is also being shared via the Powys Teaching Health Board social media channels and in local media.
The views we receive will contribute to a report which will inform a recommendation on the way forward, which will be debated in public at a meeting of the Powys Teaching Health Board later this spring.