Time: 1.30pm to 3.30pm
This course will help you play your part in helping Young and Adult Carers have the same life chances as others.
- Evidence shows that carers provide 96% of care in Wales and save the Welsh services over £8billion. In spite of this important role, Carers can have poorer health, education and financial outcomes than the non-carer population but early identification of carers and support can change this.
- By thinking carer, thinking family, you can help carers care and get the most out of life.
Identifying, signposting and supporting in a way that is
- Person centred
- Focuses on a person’s strengths as well as challenges
- Focuses on outcomes / solutions that are important to the person
- Gain and overview of who young and adult carers are
- Gain an overview of the law in relation to young and adult carers
- Explore how to identify young and adult Carers in your role
- Develop ways to recognise value and support young and adult Carers in your role
- Find further sources of information and support
Please book your places via email pwbotu(at)powys.gov.uk