This one day course (9.30am-16.00pm) has been designed to provide social care professionals with the underpinning knowledge to understand how out values and attitudes can affect our performance. This course also provides complementary knowledge to augment the All Wales Induction Framework.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand underpinning legislation and best practice including.
- The Social Services and Wellbeing Act 2014.
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- Explore how the Code of Professional Practice for Social Care defines the expectations on social care workers in Wales
- Discuss and explore the underpinning principles of belief and belief systems
- Identify how out beliefs define our values
- Explore how our beliefs can shape our attitudes to situations and others
- Discuss the impact of values and attitudes on professional practice
- Explore how rights-based approaches relate to health and social care
- Discuss the impact of equality, diversity and inclusion on everyday interactions
- Define and explore the concept of positive risk taking
- Identity positive relationships and appropriate professional boundaries
- Explore methods of communication and the challenges this presents
- Discuss the importance of promoting Welsh language and culture in social care practice
- Identify positive approaches to reduce restrictive practices in social care
- Discuss how professionals can support individuals who are experiencing change and transition
- Reflect on how your own beliefs, values and life experiences can affect your attitude and behaviour towards individuals and carers.
Method of delivery and requirements
- This course will be delivered via interactive Zoom training.
- Learners will be sent a Zoom link by email approximately 2 days prior to the course.
- Login is available from 9.00am, learners must be logged in by 9.15am so that the register can be taken ready to commence training at 9.30am, learners who are not logged in by 9.30am will not be permitted to join late.
- Learners must join with audio and video enabled; video must be kept on during the course unless asked to turn it off by the trainer.
- If learners are sharing a device, an external microphone is recommended to allow for active participation.
- There will be breaks as follows.
- Mid-morning 11.00-11.15
- Lunch 12.30-13.15
- Mid-afternoon 14.45-15.00
Learners must attend for the full course duration to receive a certificate.
To book contact: firstname.lastname@example.org