The Wales Mental Health & Wellbeing Forum have been commissioned by Welsh Government to develop National Guidance and lay out recommendations for best practice in co-production. We are pleased to confirm that the Guidance document is now open for formal consultation, which will run until the 31st January 2022.
The guidance builds on the foundation laid by Stronger in Partnership 1 and 2 and aims to provide a basis for a consistent approach, across Wales. The guidance is based on experiences of service user and carer engagement within adult services, and covers three main areas:
- Reward and Recognition
The forum is hoping to capture the views of both individuals and organisations and networks. Formal responses are also welcomed from individual departments and subgroups
Please visit: https://www.practicesolutions-ltd.co.uk/en/page/wmhwf-consultation for full information on the consultation process.
There are a number of ways that you / your organisation or network can take part in this consultation process.
- Read the guidance document (Easy read version will be available 05 November )
- Complete our feedback survey:
- Either via our digital survey, or
- By completing the Consultation Response Form
- If you require a hard copy version please contact us on mhforum-consultation(at)practicesolutions-ltd.co.uk or call 01443 808060 / 07563 928694
- Attend one of our engagement events:
- These are designed to make sure people are able to express their views and engage in discussions to clarify any concerns or recommendations. It is important we capture as many contributions as possible.
- These events will be taking place on the following dates:
All events will be taking place via Zoom and can be booked on Eventbrite (click the event date above to go to the booking page)
- Lead a facilitated session within your organisation or group:
Practice Solutions recognise how busy people are and that not everyone will be able to attend the public sessions. Therefore, we have created a facilitator pack to support you with the resources needed to run small group discussions. Some people may not be comfortable speaking in a group they don’t know, these sessions offer the chance to discuss their thoughts in a group they feel comfortable with. We are keen to collect thoughts from across your organisation as well as individual responses.
- Speak directly to a member of the Consultation Team:
Should you wish to speak directly to a member of the Consultation Team then please email:
mhforum-consultation(at)practicesolutions-ltd.co.uk and we will be in touch to understand the additional support we can provide.
What will happen next?
The deadline for receiving consultation responses is 31 January 2022.
Once the consultation has closed, the Forum will bring together the feedback from all participants to create a revised guidance document.
This will then be published on the Forum website and distributed to all stakeholders via Welsh Government and the Forum.