Mental Health First Aid is a 2 day educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help people who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
By attending this Mental Health First Aid course, you will learn to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues
When: 9.15am - 4pm each day
Where: Howey Village Hall near Llandrindod Wells.
To find out more and book your place (essential) then please contact Mid Powys Mind by ringing 01597 824411 or emailing admin(at)midpowysmind.org.uk