Carers Awareness training – online
Time: 10am to 12pm
Recognising and supporting Young and Adult Carers in your workplace and in your service
Why it is so important and how to do it
This course will help you play your part in helping Young and Adult Carers have the same life chances as others.
- Evidence shows that carers provide 96% of care in Wales and save the Welsh services over £8billion. In spite of this important role, Carers can have poorer health, education and financial outcomes than the non-carer population but early identification of carers and support can change this.
- By thinking carer, thinking family, you can help carers care and get the most out of life.
Identifying, signposting and supporting in a way that is
- Person centred
- Focuses on a person’s strengths as well as challenges
- Focuses on outcomes / solutions that are important to the person
- Gain and overview of who young and adult carers are
- Gain an overview of the law in relation to young and adult carers
- Explore how to identify young and adult Carers in your role
- Develop ways to recognise value and support young and adult Carers in your role
- Find further sources of information and support
Please book your places via email: practice.development@powys.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Training.