Mental Capacity Act Social Care Training – online – using teams
Time: 9.30am to 5pm
This interactive one-day course will give delegates a clear and in-depth understanding of the MCA framework, with the ability to apply it to complex cases. Delegates will consider complex decisions and explore relevant, current case law. Delegates will gain the ability to apply the principles competently to everyday situations and to best practice standards.
Through trainer-led discussions and practical case studies, the issues facing Health and Social Care Professionals will be explored and examined, giving insight into difficult and sensitive decisions, and importantly, how to handle them.
By the end of the course, delegates will clearly understand the MCA, and will have gained the ability to apply the Act to a range of situations to best practice standards.
- Apply the five key principles of the MCA
- Carry out complex Mental Capacity Act assessments to best practice in line with current case law
- Complete ‘Best Interests’ checklist to best practice in line with current case law
- Identify the roles of Attorneys, Deputies, IMCA, Public Guardian and the Court of Protection
- Understand Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment
- Correctly interpret and apply the legal framework around restraint and restriction of liberty
Please book your places via email: practice.development@powys.