Calling all volunteers in mental health…
Do you take on a volunteering role within a mental health setting, such as supporting a community mental health team or working in a clinical setting?
As part of our strategic mental health workforce plan for health and social care Health Education and Improvement Wales and Social Care Wales are looking to hear from anyone who provides their time as a volunteer alongside our mental health workforce.
We recognise that volunteers have an enormous positive impact on our mental health service provision and would like to celebrate examples of that positive influence.
We would like to gather case studies from across Wales that we can than bring together in the form of celebration events.
If you would like to be featured, please send submissions of the following to HEIW.MentalHealthWorkforcePlan@wales.nhs.uk
Submissions should be:
• No more than 800 words and two sides of A4
• They should include information about who they worked with, what help they provided and what the positive outcomes were
• If possible we would also love to hear any ideas on how this approach could be adapted in other settings
• Feel free to include pictures and patient testimonials if you have them!
• Responses by Friday 4th August