Powys Older Peoples Forum
The Powys Older Peoples Forum are in the process of a recruitment drive to gain older people representatives from all over Powys to gain the views on Health and wellbeing services offered in Powys aimed and used primarily by people aged 60+
What is the Older People Forum?
The Older People’s Forum is a Forum made of older people throughout Powys to enable citizens aged 60+ to contribute ideas and opinions with regards to matters affecting them and their lives. These will influence decisions about how Adult Care Services in Powys County Council and Powys Teaching Health Board spend the money available and on what services, for the benefit of older people.
The main aims of the forum are:
- To help to ensure that the services provided meet older people’s needs.
- To hold Powys County Council (PCC), Powys teaching Health Board (PtHB) and third sector organisations commissioned to provide services for older people to account and give feedback about their services.
- To feed back issues affecting older people in their communities.
- To undertake consultations on behalf of older people in Powys conducted by PCC, PtHB, the third sector and Welsh Government.
- To advise the Age Well Partnership Board on services that are being developed or provided.
- Providing older citizens, a chance to influence policy, service design and delivery of services.
Who sits on the Older People Forum?
The forum is made up of older citizens of Powys (60+) from the 13 locality areas
The 13 localities are:
- Llanfyllin & Tanat Valley
- Welshpool & Montgomery
- Llanfair Caereinion
- Builth & Llanwrtyd Wells
- Llandrindod Wells & Rhayader
- Machynlleth & Bro Dyfi
- Hay on Wye & Talgarth
- Knighton & Presteigne
From these members we aim to include people with an interest and/or experience of:
- Unpaid carers
- Mental health issues
- Long term health issues
- Older people in work
- Care home or sheltered housing resident
- Older people living with dementia
- Transport issues
- Sports and leisure activities
- Physical disability
- Sensory loss
- Rural living
- Welsh Language
What is the commitment?
- The Forum hold a minimum of 4 meetings per year.
- There may be sub groups that members would like to be involved in.
- One member would also be appointed by the forum to sit on the Age Well Board.
- Members are expected to sit on the Forum for a 3 year period.
- This is to give a greater understanding of the issues and give a meaningful experience.
- Extra dispensation is given if elected chair or vice chair so as to carry out their term of office.
What support will be offered?
The Older People’s Forum will have a dedicated support officer whose role it will be to:
- Enable members to attend meetings.
- Ensure all materials are accessible in a timely manner and in a format that can be accessed by individual members.
- Support in accessing the correct areas of PtHB, PCC and the third sector to offer additional information and support for community issues.
- Gain feedback on the Forum as a whole and how it can be improved.
- Carry out induction training for all members.
- Process any expenses claims that are occurred.
In your area
We are holding meetings in each of the 13 locality areas over the next few months working collaboratively with Age Cymru Powys.
These meetings will be an opportunity for residents to share their experiences of services provided aimed at people 60+ in their local areas and how things can these services can be improved.
These dates and venues will be announced as soon as possible.
If I would like to become a member who do I contact?
Health & Well Being Participation Officer / PAVO
Ffôn / Tel: 01597 822191
Ebost / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or click the link – https://forms.gle/c7BWev179UioWFJJ8